Position Overview: Sr. Data Scientist
Our team is at the fore front of building, operating and supporting business systems with machine learning at their core.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be leading development projects, engaging with the project stakeholders, collecting high level requirements, testing different machine learning models and designing and delivering whole systems and/or microservices with machine learning at their cores.
Ultimately, we’re looking for people who are excited by machine learning, data and technology, love to solve problems, constantly challenge themselves to provide the best user experience, can work well alone, have a wide range of skills and are able and willing to constantly learn.
- Experience communicating complex models and designing/building AI-driven systems
- Experience leading software development projects
- Extensive experience designing and maintaining a machine Learning pipeline - data ingestion, feature engineering, modeling including ensemble methods, predicting, explaining, deploying and diagnosing over fitting
- Strong quantitative analytical experience, including hands-on use of statistics, regression modeling, decision trees, random forest, neural networks, support vector machine, kernel-based methods, clustering and similar methods
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Experience analyzing a wide variety of data: structured and unstructured, observational and experimental, to drive system designs and product implementations
- Knowledge of probability and statistics, including experimental design, predictive modeling, optimization, and causal inference
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Understand tradeoffs of relational and non-relational models
- Understanding of the different machine learning approaches and techniques and able to research and test new ones
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and deliver projects on time
- Experience in both R&D and commercial software product development environment is a plus
- Python, R, Scala, or Java. (strong preference for Python Expert)
- BigData (Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Spark)
Must have a minimum of 2 – these are nice to have skills NOT pre-requisites for the role:
This position includes competitive salary, upsell commissions and excellent benefits.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
About Oversight Systems:
Since 2003, Fortune 1000 businesses and government organizations have trusted Oversight to analyze over $2 trillion in annual payments. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and machine learning technologies, our automated risk management and compliance monitoring platform detects and mitigates fraud, waste, and misuse in financial spending, reducing auditing effort by 50% to 90% and improving policy compliance by up to 70%.