After twelve years of monitoring over 2 trillion transactions, you can bet we have uncovered a few ghosts and goblins. In fact, some of the charges are so odd you have to wonder how the traveler justified the expense!
From the benign to the truly bizarre, here are the 9 “spookiest” things we’ve found within non-compliant traveler spend ( and just in time for Halloween this weekend!)
9. Groceries on the Weekend
8. Trips to Gentleman’s Clubs
7. Pet transportation, lodging and food charges at a Pet “Spa”
6. $300 for Eyeglasses
5. Charges at a Hospice Medical Clinic
4. Botox Injections
3. Boy Scouts of America Dues
2. Synchronized ice-skating uniforms (categorized under expense type of “database professional services”)
1. Charges to a Bail Bonds company on a P-Card
The above list is just a handful of the types of items you may find in your own spending data when you leverage automation to audit 100% of transactions, rather than just a small sample. By using sample-based audits the above items could have easily been missed; potentially leading travelers to continue attempting to “trick” rather than “treat” the travel system.
This Halloween, give yourself a treat by indulging in a free trial of the Oversight Insights On Demand™ software. Take a test drive!